This qualification reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function.
Individuals in these roles carry out moderately complex tasks in specialist fields, working independently, as part of a team or leading deliverables with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- Advanced networking: configuring and managing virtual computing environments, and security within ICT networks
- Advanced programming: applying intermediate and advanced programming skills, managing data and building advanced user interfaces to manage organisational requirements
- Back end web development: developing and maintaining website information architecture and data
- Business analysis: designing and implementing technical requirements, quality assurance processes and contingency plans for businesses
- Cloud architecture: developing, improving, and designing cloud infrastructure, including disaster recovery plans
- Cloud engineering: building, implementing, and managing cloud infrastructure and virtual networks
- Cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
- Database and data management: creating, designing, and monitoring systems that store data and optimise organisational knowledge management
- Front end web development: designing dynamic and complex websites, user experience solutions and documents using extensible mark-up languages
- Game art and design: creating complex 2D and 3D modelling and animation software through scripts and storyboards
- Game programming: creating complex 2D and 3D interactive games and media, building graphical user interfaces and applying artificial intelligence in game development
- Systems administration: reviewing maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications
- Systems analysis: modelling and testing data objects, data processes and preferred ICT system solutions.
The latest release of the qualification and packaging rules can be found at the following link:
Get a Free Course Guide
Course at a Glance
International students must:
- Have completed the equivalent of Year 12. (*see IIE international academic admission guide for academic entry requirement)
- Participate in a course entry interview to determine suitability for the course and student needs.
- Have an IELTS* score of 5.5 (test results must be no more than 2 years old). English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:
- Educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country; or
Note that other English language tests such as PTE and TOEFL can be accepted. You are required to provide your results so that we can confirm they are equivalent to IELTS 5.5.
This qualification will be delivered over 78 weeks, including 60 weeks of training and assessment spread over 6 terms of 10 weeks each and 18 weeks of holidays.Holidays are 3 weeks per term.
Class sessions are planned to ensure that students have a mixture of practical and theoretical components and those classes cater for a wide variety of learning styles. Additionally, workplace practices and environments are simulated and used to conduct skills-based assessments in accordance with unit requirements. The timing for this course will be advised in the Letter of Offer.
|BSBCRT512||Originate and develop concepts|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cybersecurity awareness and best practices|
|BSBXTW401||Lead and facilitate a team|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation|
|ICTICT532||Apply IP, ethics, and privacy policies in ICT environments|
|ICTSAS527||Manage client problems|
|ICTPRG537||Implement security for applications|
|ICTNPL413||Evaluate networking regulations and legislation for the telecommunications industry|
|ICTNWK540||Design, build and test network servers|
|ICTNWK546||Manage network security|
|ICTSAD508||Develop technical requirements for business solutions|
|ICTCYS407||Gather, analyse and interpret threat data|
|ICTPRG535||Build advanced user interfaces|
|ICTCYS610||Protect critical infrastructure for organisations|
|ICTCYS613||Utilise design methodologies for security architecture|
|ICTSAS524||Develop, implement and evaluate an incident response plan|
|ICTSAS526||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTICT523||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTPMG505||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTWEB513||Build dynamic websites|
Assessment methods used for this qualification will provide a range of ways for individuals to demonstrate that they have met the required outcomes including:
- Supervisor reports
- Report writing
- Questioning (oral or written)
At the beginning of each unit, trainers will outline the assessment tasks that must be completed.
Students may apply for recognition of existing qualifications or skills, knowledge and experience (credit transfer or recognition of prior learning) as per the information included in our International Student Handbook, which is available at www.iie.edu.au
For international students, the granting of course credit may affect course fees as well as the duration of the course.
The result of an application for credit and any changes to fees or course duration will be advised to students in writing.
If course credit is granted following issuance of the Confirmation of Enrolment, students will receive a new Confirmation of Enrolment showing a reduced duration.
- 15hrs face to face classroom-based
- 5 Hrs. Online Via Online Learning System
- IIE Main Campus at S1, L2, 16-18 Wentworth Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
- IIE Tasmania Campus at Level 1, 116 Bathrust Street, Hobart, Tasmania 7000
IIE Main Campus
S1, L2, 16-18 Wentworth Street, Parramatta, NSW 2150
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org